In less than 3 weeks, my travels will take me to China. Mandarin Journeys will be the host to this amazing travel bucket list destination! This trip to China will fulfill one of MY major bucket travels, now known as #BucketListChina. With Mandarin Journeys at the helm, I know this trip is destined to be a “Life Travel Experience.”
Although I’m technically traveling solo, when I land in Shanghai, I will join 4 other amazing, cool and influential North American writers who all also happen to Moms. Three of the four women I know through my gig at TravelingMom.com, while the fourth I’m getting to know online. I’m sure we’ll all leave China as new BFFs forever bounded by our a newfound love of China. (Read more about these super women here) We are all in for an immersive, experiential, luxury journey through China.
Here’s a quick overview from my TravelingInHeels log post:
Our Chinese journey begins in Shanghai. Let me share some teasers of our upcoming China group tour:
- We’ll get a bird’s eye view of downtown Shanghai and the Huang Pu River below, from the 100th floor observation deck of Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC). Gulp — is this a hair-rising climb like the Hong Kong Skyscraper daredevils?
- Another tour of the city will be while riding in a vintage sidecar motorcycle tour – hello, GoPro!
- We’ll get a taste of Shanghai when our local guides introduce us to China’s culinary culture with local food tours and home-styled cooking classes.
- Shanghai Acrobats – how do they do that? I haven’t been that flexible since I was 10!
- Tai Chi or Kung Fu in a park where I’ll channel my inner Bruce Lee, more likely my inner Kung Fu Panda.
- Yu Gardens, a maze of Ming Dynasty landscaping, completed in 1577, with pavilions, elaborate rockeries, arched bridges, and goldfish ponds, and, of course, an undulating dragon wall.
- Jade Buddha Temple – because when in China, travelers visit a temple, just like when in Rome, your must-see religious architecture is the Vatican and the Roman Catholic cathedrals.
And follow me at TravelingInHeels.com for more China experiences during my #BucketListChina travels.